Monday, April 1, 2013

Strike 1

Well, for a very - very long time I have been postponing the whole breaking of the thumb sucking thing.  Its one of those tasks I know has to get done and I really do want it to happen - but things keep coming up.  Well - finally last week I thought enough excuses and I decided to plunge ahead and go for it.  Amelia also seemed pretty pumped up too when we talked about it.  

It didn't go well.  She sucked all the stuff off repeatedly and then got a stomach bug that wasn't so nice to her, so alas - strike one for stopping the thumb sucking. 

We are trying to motivate her with a special prize at the end, but I don't think it is clicking.  Soon I will try again - hopefully its a home run next time!

2 comments:

safmomma said...

Oh no! That's a total bummer! I feel your pain. I will have to look, but I think I still have the thumb guards from Paige if you need to borrow those.

Olivia, Cate and Simon said...

Olivia sucks off the stuff too, bummer!