Saturday, April 27, 2013

Good Times

Lately, we haven't been taking too many pictures.  We've been busy - yet we haven't. Its been an interesting time - kind of like the weather - within one week we have had 6 inches of snow to 70 degree weather.  It has also been really fun - Isabelle has quickly been developing since she has turned 1.  She is loving things so much more, playing with things, climbing to new heights, interacting more with Amelia and trying to communicate more.  Amelia is also changing - I am truly amazed at how this girl can memorize things - she gets it from her daddy - anyone who knows me - yeah -- I think enough said there.  Amelia really thinks things through at a different level and loves the challenge of a good puzzle.  I've found I have been trying to communicate things in a way she can understand, which proves to be much more successful.   All of these changes and developmental milestones just reminds me how this time is so fleeting and something to be cherished - we only get one chance to raise these kids, one chance to instill good behavior, good morals and to be a good example to them.  How precious God's children really are and something to be cherished (even when you want to tear your hair out :)
 Isabelle is really into putting things on and over her head.  This is her attempt to play dress up.
 Amelia giving Isabelle a pat on the back
 Play time with Daddy after work.  Isabelle was offering her bottles to daddy.
 Isabelle giving hugs
 Playing pretend nap time
 Isabelle has found the love of paper and making confetti
 My sweet girl
Now a bag on the head
Amelia after she put her Thomas the train ABC puzzle together.  She was so proud of herself and so was I since she got minimal help from me.
Amelia and Isabelle.  I notice Amelia and Isabelle want to relate to each other more - which is good and bad.  I'm trying to find the balance of them hugging and playing while being gentle.  Its really hard since I don't want them to think they can't touch each other.
Isabelle playing with babies.   Luckily that little one is still in one piece after the banging Isabelle gave it!
Amelia coloring - how this girl loves to color
Isabelle buzzin' at me
Amelia
Isabelle relaxin' in the blankets
Isabelle trying to fit into places she just doesn't really fit.  I think she believes that if she just puts her head down and pushes harder she can get through anything.
Going for the hat on her head this time

What can I say....I'm so glad God blessed us with these two girls.  I'm grateful to be their mommy and I'm excited for this summer!

No comments: