Monday, January 14, 2013

Bamboozaled

This morning Amelia needed to finish her juice - it was her second glass and she ate a good breakfast, but we have colds so she needed to drink it up for that little bit more vitamin c.  Isabelle and I went downstairs and Amelia was to call me when she was done.  This is normal - if Amelia won't drink her milk she has to sit in the kitchen until she drinks it, which is usually less than 10 min.  So I peek around the corner and Amelia has an empty glass - 'You're all done?'  I ask.  'YES!' replies Amelia.  We have our little good job celebration.  I clean her hands and face and as we walk out of the kitchen she keeps saying, 'pink pants, pink pants!'  I say ok - not really understanding what she means.  So she goes up and I go downstairs to check on Isabelle.  A few minutes later Amelia comes back with her pink pants on.  I figured - nice job, you changed your pants by yourself. 
At some point we go back upstairs and I go to pick up her original pants to put in the hamper....hmmm, what's this?!  They are sopping wet.  Pee?!  Hmm, that can't be right, so what is this?!  I take a deep breath....literally, to smell them.  Orange juice?!  What?! 
'Amelia, did you spill your juice all over this morning?!' 
'Yep'
She bamboozaled me into thinking she drank all of her juice.  Sneaky little thing.  I found the rest of the juice all over the chair too....not sure how I missed that.
At lunch she didn't want to drink her milk and told me, 'Milp gag me, mommy'
Before naptime, I am changing Isabelle's 5th poopy diaper for the day (She is a lounge pooper, not a get 'er done pooper.  little here, little there, little now, little later).  I just get her butt all wiped off when Amelia comes hopping, 'potty, potty' and its that terrified look with squeezed legs that tells me she may not make it.  So I do the unthinkable and put a half naked baby on the floor - praying I don't have an even bigger mess when I get back.  SUCCESS, we made it! Yay!  I run back to Isabelle - no foul, no harm!  Double Yay!  If finish wrapping up Isabelle and start heading back to the bathroom to help Amelia.  She is literally unrolling the cardboard roll looking for toilet paper...hmm, didn't I just change that yesterday?!  Oh no.......oh yes!!!  So that's what 3/4 a roll of toilet paper looks like....in the toilet!!!
Oh girlie you keep me on my toes!
 
And as a side note, this is not the first bamboozale (or probably the last)....for my birthday, Patrick took me out on a date!  Amelia convinced the babysitters that we watch TV and eat supper upstairs instead of the kitchen!  Sneaky girl!
 

No comments: