Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Amelia's Quilt

After my last post - I realized I have not posted on Amelia's quilt.  Which lets just be honest - after my shirt debacle, it is timely. 
I worked so so hard to get Amelia's quilt done before Isabelle was born.  I am happy to say that I did - after a lot of time spent frantically finishing.  It was really really important to me to get it finished.   Maybe since I felt it was my one last thing I could do for Amelia before she had a sister.  We gave the quilt to Amelia as a gift from Isabelle.  To me it was really a family thing: for me, the time spent making it
for daddy, the time watching Amelia so I could make it
from Isabelle, something special to tie her into the family
and Amelia, a gift really from all of us.  She gave Isabelle a little blankie I made, which made her feel special too.
This is my 6th baby quilt.  I make them for my neices and nephews, though the reproduction progress in these 2 families has been quicker than I.  I'm currently three almost five quilts (nope that is not a typo - and no we are not the ones expecting!) behind including Isabelle's, but I finished Amelia's.  Out of all of the quilts - I have to say Amelia's is my favorite.  I did a couple things differently and the lady does the quilting spent a lot of extra time on it.   She did such a fabulous job as always, but this time she really out did herself.  It just makes it that much more special. I am excited for when Amelia can use it - its still a bit big for her at this point.





So moral of this story - I can make quilts - pretty good ones at that.  If you want a quilt - I can probably make one for you; however, I would probably charge a lot! :)

No comments: