Thursday, September 13, 2012

A Wise Tale

The amazing thing about 2 year olds, is they are smart enough to be dangerous. 
For instance.....I decided to take the girls on a walk (yes, pat on my back - nice mommy).  I run out to the van to get the stroller ready - I heard a something by the door - it sounded like Amelia was trying to come out.  Back into the house I go - or at least that was my plan......when I got to the door it was locked. Yes, that noise I heard?!  It was Amelia locking the door.  Hey nice mommy - note to self!  ALWAYS bring keys!!!!  ALWAYS!  
It must have been ordained by God, but I had opened the screen door earlier and was luckily able to jimmy it open.  Amelia was standing patiently in the foyer holding her baby saying, "Mommy.....Mommy" - as if to say - where are you and why haven't come in yet?!  Needless to say - we had a chat about not touching the lock, but I really don't think it sunk in.

No comments: