Saturday, September 11, 2010

Great Grandma Betty's Birthday Party

This summer, Great Grandma Betty (Patrick's Grandma) turned 80, so the family had a get together over Labor Day weekend to celebrate. This was also an opportunity for Patrick's extended side of the family to meet Amelia for the first time. It was great to see everyone again - we had a great time. Amelia handled all the attention very well too! Amazingly she slept during most of the days and 9-10 hours at night! It must have been the stimulation and possibly a growth spurt. Either way, Patrick and I were happy we could sleep at night!
The Garber families
Great Grandma Betty holding Amelia for the first time.

Aunt Amber holding Amelia for the first time

Amber, Olivia, Amelia and myself eating and feeding

Aaron, his little guy Austin, Patrick and Amelia

TJ, Raina and their family - Jaron, Jaden, Aubrey and Ansley

A mixture of family!

Wendy, Anna, Josh, and Noah

Aaron with either Kane or John one of Tom and Sheryl's twins. They are identical and I can't tell them apart! Evan is also in the picture - Aaron and Erin's little guy.

Naomi (Josh and Wendy's little girl) with Tiffany (Tom and Sheryl's little girl)

Wendy, Anna and Amelia

Naomi. Wendy and I look fairly similar and Naomi kept thinking I was her mom. She is a fairly shy little girl, but as soon as I walked in, she was grabbing my legs thinking I was Wendy. The confusion peaked when she came running towards me in the afternoon saying, "Mommy, Mommy". It was so sweet. Each time I would talk to her outside of these situations or after she would come up to me, she would just look at me with the facial expression of 'Who are you???' Wendy and I laughed together, especially since she had the same confusion when Wendy, Josh and their family visited us a year or two ago.

Wendy, Amelia and Melanie

Aaron, Tom and Patrick

Ethan, Aaron and Erin's little guy, doing a cartwheel

Anna helping Paige do a cartwheel

Erin, Austin and myself.

Mike sitting and enjoying the festivities

Evan pondering what he should do next.

Paige watching the guys play basketball

Great Grandpa Irvin with Olivia

Some of the little great-grand kids gave cards and sang to Betty for her birthday. Here is Ethan getting a hug.
Evan is so excited in this picture! How adorable.

Erin, Amelia, Austin and myself. Baby swap! Austin is about 4 months older than Amelia - look at the size difference! He is such a cutie and has such great control over his head.

Carla holding Amelia

Steve feeding Olivia

James, Amelia, Ketan and Jenna


Happy Birthday Great Grandma Betty! We hope you had a wonderful birthday!

1 comment:

Kim said...

I'm so glad you shared all your pictures so I could see everyone! Wish I could have been there, it looks like it was a great time!