Thursday, September 23, 2010

Amelia and Mommy's First Trip Alone

Patrick and I thought it would be a good idea to go visit Liz, my cousin, and her family before my maternity leave is over. Liz was my maid of honor for our wedding and she has been like the sister I never had, especially growing up. Visiting was a great opportunity to introduce Amelia and see Liz as they are expecting their second child in February. Plus, it is always fun to see Ayla! While there, Liz and I decided it is too difficult to say "2nd Cousin Liz", so she is Auntie Liz.
Auntie Liz holding Amelia

Ayla was showing Amelia how to play with the elephant and she also was describing the feet and trunk - it was so sweet.

Amelia watched Ayla just like she understood what she was saying.

Ayla loved 'the baby' and sat next to Amelia for quite some time while she was in the bouncy - especially for a 2 year old!

Ayla also loved giving Amelia kisses - it was so cute!

Auntie Liz, Ayla and Amelia

Ayla wanted to hold Amelia. She did really good and was really gentle with her.

Ayla has such sweet curly hair and blue eyes

Ayla wanted Amelia to wear one of her headbands - I had to take a picture!

Taking a trip with just Amelia and myself also gave good practice for taking care of Amelia by myself. Liz was very helpful; however, the experience made me appreciate what Patrick does everyday for Amelia and me.

No comments: