Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Poopy Situation

Lately, I haven't been doing many stories that would otherwise be forgotten as the years pass.  So on that note, here is a story....
 
Today has not been a good potty day.  We've had more misses than hits which after 6ish weeks of the whole potty training thing - its just frustrating.  I'm hoping its just an off day.  We started with a miss on the floor (normal location) - Amelia told me after she went; which I didn't know so told her to run to the bathroom and she tracked it the whole way.  We had a hit (#2) in the potty and about 10 minutes later we had another miss.....a big one....on our bed!!!  Really not happy.  At this point the plastic covers went back on. We had a hit before nap time and before falling asleep there was another miss.  As I go running into Amelia's room, she is in the process of taking off her plastic cover which causes pee to splash all over the place.  AHHHHHH!!
The rest of the afternoon went pretty painless (she slept most of it).
After describing my day to my sweet husband, he throws out the idea of having a picnic for supper!  What a fabulous thought!  So we got some food and headed to the park, with strict instructions for Amelia to tell us if she had to go potty.  We eat, we start to play....I am delayed by a massive blow-out, compliments of Isabelle.  As I am working on cleaning up Isabelle, Patrick goes running by...'throw me the keys, Amelia has to go potty - she told me!'   Can I get a 'Yay' out there?!  I am feeling quite happy.  Unbeknown to me - Amelia is also taking a dump.  So here is the picture - both Patrick and I are dealing with the poo in a park.  There is no shame left.  Amelia is done before I finish cleaning Isabelle (did I mention hers was massive?!).  Evidently, so was Amelia's.  Patrick left to clean her travel potty (nearly loosing his supper while doing so).  As I watch Amelia play, I notice she has a streak of poo down her leg....hmm...daddy missed a spot.  I clean it up and notice some more poo on her shorts top and bottom.  Oh well, at least she actually went in her potty.  As we went to leave, Patrick notices a small little lone turd sitting in the parking lot, not far from where the original poo site was.  Hmmm, how odd.....could that have been a little straggler and also the guilty party of the streak from Amelia's leg.....we think so.  We decided to 'pop the hood' to make sure we are in the clear.  Hmmm, I would love to say it was a 50/50 chance, but the odds for today just aren't stacking up that way.  Well, PLT (parking lot turd) was not alone....it was a poopy situation - a smushy poopy situation and had to be dealt with before leaving.  Patrick told Amelia to pull her pants down and as she got her undies down, she managed to step in the smushy - luckily she had socks on.  Patrick said we have to throw the undies away.....my optimistic self said - I can salvage them.  His response?!  Kathy, there are accidents and then there is that.  I'm throwing them away!  You can salvage the sock!  
And with that he tossed the undies, we said goodbye to PLT and headed for home. 
Oh how I hope tomorrow is better than today.
 

1 comment:

safmomma said...

That is HYSTERICAL!....for me! And someday for you! Thanks for sharing and hang in there. I know it's totally cliche, but pretty soon they will be heading off to school and you will long for just one day (lets be real, who wants to relive more than one day) of when they were this age.