Saturday, June 25, 2011

Bath Time in the BIG Tub

Last night was Amelia's first time at home taking a bath in the BIG tub!  She has lately been standing up in her little tub and Patrick was outside working in the yard, so instead of going back and forth with her - I thought I would try out the big tub.  Her little seat would in theory help contain this little excited bundle of joy!

As I started filling the tub - Amelia was SO excited - she nearly jumped in!   She leaned as far as she possibly could to try and touch the water that was just out of reach of her hand - she started looking for her tub toys - she bounced on those short little legs - she smiled - she squealed - oh the fun to be had in the big tub!   I decided to strip her down in the bathroom for my own ease and put her in the tub.  By this time the water was high enough for her to just barely touch - which of course made her even more excited - what can I say - the girl LOVES bath time!  

I have to admit - I typically chuckle at those parents who tell the tale of the crazy pee that goes all over them and everything around.....I was serving up myself a nice chunk of humble pie - yes - this story has a twist of pee in it.  Now keep in mind - the girl was not touching water at the time - I undo one side of her diaper and as I'm unhooking the other side I feel the forceful stream of the hot yellow stuff!  I was so surprised I let out a little yelp of 'OH NO!'.   Amelia turns and looks at me with wide innocent eyes (force of streaming pee slows a little) - and I say - 'Its ok honey' - to which she smiles turns back to the tub and the force of streaming pee increases to original rate until complete.  I did try to 'catch' it with the diaper - but her legs were too close together so it was futile.  It got on the rug, side of the tub and of course all over my hand and arm.  Now what do I do?  I didn't have to drain the water, since she wasn't in it yet, she didn't have to be cleaned off since there was none on her - so in reality - this was my problem.  I think it was at this point I said to myself - It has now happened to me :)

I plopped Amelia into the tub, cleaned it up a bit which included setting the rug aside - I would put it in the wash a little later.  While that was occurring she was having a blast in her new found freedom of a bigger tub!  She did try and stand up which was pretty comical since her stance was so wide and she tried so hard without success.  She did figure out how to turn around in her little chair. 

Look closely and you can see the wide stance :) 

The pictures aren't the best since I had to take them with my phone - the camera was not close enough to go grab 

Lots of fast movements from this little one!

After bath had completed successfully and we prepared for bed, Patrick came in and I proceeded to tell him the feat of the bigger bathtub and my humbling 'pee-on' story - which I thought was pretty funny overall.  I also thought he was totally paying attention as he chuckled.  Off to take his shower, so Patrick could feed Amelia before bed. ~10 min pass~  I hand Amelia over to Patrick and start cleaning the rest of the bath stuff.  I notice the rug is in its place?!  Hmmm - that was pee infested - hmmm - Patrick couldn't have possibly already forgotten my very funny story about Amelia peeing ON THE RUG?!  Could this truly be?  ~5 minutes pass -  Amelia is in bed - Patrick comes down to the kitchen where I now am.~  The conversation went something like this:
Me:  Hey Honey - Were you listening to my pee story?!
Patrick: Yes I was
Me:  Really?!  Did you miss the part where I said she peed all over the rug?!
Patrick:  It wasn't ALL over was it?
Me:  Well, no, but she definitely soaked a good portion of it
Patrick:  ~Pause, Pause, thinking, Pause~ I'll meet you downstairs - I'm going to go wash my feet.
Me: Okay.....have fun!

I kind of enjoy the fact that even though not physically there - Patrick decided to get in on Amelia's 'Pee-On Me' story!

No comments: