Sunday, June 16, 2013

Moments

At bedtime, we each choose a song to sing, Amelia chooses ABC's every night.  It may seem like an exaggeration or how could it really be every night?!  But truly she chooses ABC's every single night.  Its probably been at least 2 months since she started her trend, but since then by far her favorite song is ABC's.

It is not a strength of mine to memorize songs and the words within songs.  Key parts - I'm fabulous and singing the key parts of the song - probably because the key part is usually no more than 5 words.   I also switch words or usually just get them plain wrong.  Its very entertaining for Patrick and probably someday for the girls.   Well, today I was singing the key part of  'Well with my Soul'.  I was in the kitchen and I got to that clutch part (aka the rest of the song) and alas, I could not remember anymore words.  Instead of pure silence or laughter from Patrick, we hear Amelia sitting on the steps continuing on singing and when she would get to the 'It is well with my soul'  part - I would sing along with her.  The innocence and sweetness in her voice completely made us melt.  She has a memory like her daddy - the girl can remember.  

No comments: