Monday, April 4, 2011

First Sighting

Amelia is by far the most content baby I have ever known.....by far. We have been utterly blessed by that fact. But when Amelia is cranky - its kind of difficult - I never know what to do with her, because I'm honestly just not used to it. And I know - all of you with colic babies are saying, "Just stop speaking", but hey - we all have our thorns right?! Anyway, this past weekend Amelia was livin' on the cranky side of life.....not only the cranky side, but also the needy side. Amelia wanted her mommy, Amelia wanted her daddy and nothing else would do! Amelia has also been sticking everything and anything in her mouth, including my arm! Yep - she actually bit me! And it hurt! She's got some strong jaws! She has also been gnawing on her lips - top...bottom....doesn't matter. When she does chew on her top lip, she sticks out her bottom lip - its so funny. By the end of the weekend we wondered if she was teething.......for real. This morning she woke up her normal happy independent self - it was almost like a switch - crazy!

Tonight she was so much fun! She was doing her fake mimic laugh....ha..haha...ha. Very cute! She was very fun to be around. (And I will admit - even with the cranky Amelia - I still want to be around her). I started her bedtime routine, reading, singing, praying.......and then...I checked....we have had a first sighting....after much work and patience.....Amelia has a sliver of tooth poking through her bottom gums! What a milestone - its the beginning of the end for that sweet gummy smile! So sweet Amelia - you had every right to be cranky and needy this weekend - you were bustin' out a tooth. Way to go honey!

No comments: