Monday, March 28, 2011

"I Know No Strangers"

Tonight we took a trip to urgent care. Amelia has had a cough for the past week and I thought it may be croup, so I wanted to get it checked out. You may ask why urgent care?! Well, I did call the doctor's office and technically she still has an appointment for tomorrow, but I didn't want to go through another night worried that she was going to suffocate from coughing so much - yes, gotta love those outlandish mommy nightmares!

Anyhoo, for a child who is supposed to be 'sick' this girl did not look or act sick! She stood on my lap and arched her head and back so she could look at the leaves of the tree above us. She bounced on me like I was a jumeroo. She 'oooo'd', she got awes and smiled at pretty much anyone. Yes, this is the definition of our sick child. Patrick met us at the clinic and as he was sitting down getting settled, catching me up on the day - we happen to look over at Amelia......here she is smiling as big as can be and waving.....for the first time......at a complete stranger.....twice! It was soo sweet and completely unprovoked. Of course, then we wanted her to wave at us, but no - she reserved it for the random strangers! Eventually, we'll teach her what a stranger is, but for today - she made some random man's day.


Update: Amelia was deemed to have a cold and no croup - crisis avoided!

1 comment:

safmomma said...

I can't believe how big she is! We have got to plan a visit to see our niece! It's been since Christmas!!!! I'm lovin' all the new posts and pics.

You didn't say, did she end up having croup?

Love ya,
Melanie