Friday, December 3, 2010

Floop?!?!?!

Today - I had the privilege of understanding the full meaning of floop. You may be wondering what this is, but if you are a parent you already familiar with it......flying poop! It all started out fine and well - the innocent changing of a diaper. The full nightly diaper pulled....the new one ready to go underneath.....butt paste almost ready to be applied.....and then lets just say Thanksgiving dinner started to be unloaded. Which typically is fine - it in fact has happened before; however, never quite like this. So I start to 'catch' it in the diaper. Stop, start, stop, start, pause, continue, stop. At this point, I think I'm safe. So I start to clean up - thinking she has to be done by now! Just as a note: unfastened diapers do not work nearly as well as fastened ones. I go to lift her legs in order to get underneath, since it has started to migrate up her back (due to the unfastened part) and the pressure must have been so great....whoosh! out it came! I think I even let out a little shriek! It successfully landed on the changing pad and no where else. But in the meantime, I practically drop her rear back into the migrating poop, which now has started to overflow the unfastened diaper onto her pajamas (which Amelia is still wearing). I start again - but this time a bit smarter - I cover the projector area with a wipe. All is clear, right?! Not so much! I manage to get her back wiped off and cleaned and the now poop filled diaper pulled. (of course she is done right?!) I cleverly get her out of her pajamas.....almost. I forgot about dessert with that Thanksgiving meal, and there is just nothing to catch it as it comes out. Amelia's butt is once again full of poop, her pajamas are 1/2 off, poop is now totally everywhere on the changing pad! Daddy - I need help! As Patrick comes in and sees the mess that has been made, he so timely says, 'How did you let this happen?!' and 'Wow it smells like poop in here' Ha - very funny! Patrick then helps me prepare another diaper and we successfully get a clean diaper on the never closed opening. I finish dressing her on the floor (which is almost a risk in itself) and hand her off to be fed. I try and scrape all the poop I can off the changing pad and start it in the washing machine.
Now you would think this story is over.....oh contrar. After my shower, Patrick stops by and mentions Amelia has pooped again. Does this girl have anything other than poop in her?! I kind of chuckle and let Patrick handle the diaper duty. I continue on with my daily routine - no additional thoughts about Patrick and Amelia until I hear....another yelp! I go a running and what do I find?! Well, remember how I mentioned a couple posts ago that Amelia likes to grab her feet while on the changing table.....yeah, well evidently that doesn't mix when she decides to take a pee while her diaper is in-transfer. I ever so innocently ask, 'How did you let this happen'. Haha - much funnier to me this time! Not so funny for Patrick. Amelia sopping wet. And onto another outfit we proceed!
Luckily the rest of the cleanup was uneventful we were able to get out the door without being too terribly late to work. Oh the adventures of Amelia! With all this being said - I rather have her poop a lot versus not poop hardly at all! Oh the small satisfactions of life!

1 comment:

russue said...

That experience may have been frustrating to you and Patrick while trying to get ready for work but it provided great entertainment for Papa and me. We laughed so hard tears ran down our faces. we love you guys, Nana