Thursday, July 17, 2014

The Face of "Innocence"

I should know this.....but its almost times two with this one.  Or maybe its better said by half.  2 seconds, half the time, twice the trouble.  And since the number 2 seems to be a theme here - I shall keep going with it......our second child, who is 2 years old.   We are in full swing here at the Vigneron household - if you would have asked me a couple months ago - I would have naively said - oh yes we are in full swing with the terrible twos and you should have laughed at me.  I guess I forgot that along with the upswing in tantrums due to limited speak and increased frustration also comes mischief.  Well, the tantrums were a couple months ago (and continuing) but lately - oh my - the MISCHIEF!!!!!   

Oh Miss Isabelle what am I going to do with you?!  I'm thinking I may need one of those leashes, but not for out in public - I need one for the house!  I can literally turn my back for 2 seconds and she can do something (its like she is looking for opportunities - except she actually isn't which is even more scary).  
   
- Anyone need about 3 feet of tape?!  From an 'off-limit' drawer?!  AND wrapped all over her.
- Same goes for toilet paper?!  
- Then there was the dirt episode.... (while talking to some neighbors), dirt path across the driveway, in order to get it into the ride on car trunk + surrounding area.  Might as well take some dirt from the potted plant for good measure.  The roof of the car needed some, as did the garage floor, and the tricycle seat.  Shoes are not necessary for this adventure, but making sure its all over yourself definitely is!
- Random sticky glue from the new window - that doesn't come off with soap - all over both hands and then mine and the soap container.
- Kitchen towels are NOT meant for wiping your hands, they are meant for Joey to sleep on
- Feeding Joey when my back is turned (this has mainly come into play when she doesn't want to eat something)
- Dumping the bubbles out of the container.....I say, "Isabelle stop".  Isabelle:  go to the other container and start pouring.

I am amazed at her speed, seems this week I cannot leave her side - CAN NOT.   And somehow, I just cannot get through to her.  And whenever we now say...."Isabelle, ", the response is "Meeeee?" (The most innocent, unassuming and usually surprised tone).    

When the mischievous side isn't taking over the "I want to be a big girl", comes into play.   She wants to help even more than usual - whenever she can.  The other day she got the step stool and sat by Landon and held his hand for about 10 minutes while I cleaned the kitchen because he was crying.  She loves the first try at putting her clothes on.

And oh the cuddles.  They are still in full swing also, which I'm hooked like a drug on. Its like a deep seeded need for her to have that lovin'.  Which I will completely do until she doesn't want me to anymore.  Isabelle has been waking up during the night more than usual lately - we aren't sure what it is - either teething or nightmares, maybe both.  For awhile she would wake up screaming, "Bee, Bee!"  Poor girl does not like bees or flies.  Other times as soon as she gets in your arms she calms down.  The other night as I held her, swaying - all of a sudden I feel this tiny little patting on my back and then a little rub back and forth, back and forth.  She is so thoughtful.  Seriously some of the sweetest stuff on earth.

This girl continues to keep it interesting!  But word to the wise - if you are around her (note to self)....always keep one eye on her because you really don't know what she will get into.

 Isabelle holding Landon's hand, helping him feel better
 Taking a walk with the umbrella (love the hat)
 Playing in the water
 Water and Trikes go hand in hand!

Story:  I Love My Trike
 Taking a trike ride....oh happy day!
 Isabelle the ride is over, time to go in.   Isabelle pouts.....for a very long time.
 Isabelle how about you come in the house and help mommy.  Isabelle - happy again!
Lets get going!  The end.

No comments: