Monday, June 11, 2012

The Adventures of Boo and Lou

The Adventures of Boo and Lou......who is Boo and Lou you may ask.  Miss Amelia is Lou because she is my lovie lou - so lou for short.  Miss Isabelle is either smiley because she smiles whenever you talk to her or boo because one morning Amelia decided to play peek-a-boo with Isabelle by saying "boo!" - I thought it was so cute it stuck for me.

Adventure 1:
Lately, Amelia has been very ornery when it comes time for me to feed Isabelle on the rocking chair.  She gets on and refuses to get off the chair, until I physically remove her - I think she is looking for attention.  One day - I was frustrated, so I decided it would be best if she took her nap early.  Amelia did not sleep a wink!  After quite some time, she started to cry hysterically - I thought it may be the big expression of emotion before the crash of sleep, but she didn't calm down so I went in to her and we started to rock.  I rubbed her back and patted it for quite some time.  Suddenly I felt this little hand start rubbing my shoulder and back - as well as a couple pats every so often.  I couldn't help but smile and chuckle a little.  Her little foot kept moving so I grabbed it and squeezed it a couple times - in response she reached her hand around her back, grabbed my hand and squeezed it a couple times.  Despite any frustrations Amelia may give me - I have to say its moments like these make life with her so special.

Adventure 2:
I try to find things Amelia can help me with when it comes to Isabelle - one activity Amelia LOVES to do is wake Isabelle up, whether it is from her swing or cradle.  Amelia loves the idea of ripping off the blanket, turning off the sound machine and rubbing/patting Isabelle's back.


I started this post a few days ago and at the time I had multiple cute stories of Boo and Lou, but alas - I have forgotten the rest of them.  I guess that's what I get for not finishing my post sooner - ugh.

No comments: