Tuesday, May 29, 2012

S & R

My poor husband, he didn't realize when I had Isabelle I was also joining a crew.   A crew that would interrupt his sleep in addition to any cries Isabelle may create.   A crew I should only be a temporary member of, but it seems my membership is going a little long.  Isabelle is 7.5 weeks old and I have to admit I am still part of the Search and Rescue crew.   What is the search and rescue crew you may ask?  Well, Patrick could definitely tell you but instead I will.  The S&R crew is where - in the middle of the night - I wake Patrick up by shoving him aside, digging underneath him, and going through the covers in attempt to search for and rescue Isabelle from a variety of searchable situations.  Yes, the child who is sleeping comfortably 10 feet away completely out of any danger.  Do I realize this amidst my dreams, oh no, not until my poor husband wakes me from my dream asking....What are you doing?  and what do I reply.....Looking for Isabelle.....Kathy, she is right over there........Oh no, not again, sorry.   (Rollover and go back to sleep).    The sad part is, the past week or so my crew membership has been quite active.  Hopefully they will kick me out soon and Patrick can sleep in peace!

1 comment:

andrea said...

oh my GOODNESS! that is so horrible...and so hilarious!!!