Friday, March 9, 2012

Small Victories

You would think that multi-vitamin gummies would taste good or at a minimum smell good - they make them for adults so of course they have to be kid friendly, right?!  ......Or maybe not.   We bought some fabulous gummies for Amelia, because at a minimum she loves fruit snacks and in reality they've gotta be some what similar, right?!  .....Or maybe not.  

According to AA (Amelia Actions), gummies may not taste so great - and to her defense they do smell quite awful (how - I have not figured out).  One of the first days after we got them she ate her one for the day - peace of cake I thought (silly mommy).   The next couple/few days we were not so lucky.  Amelia took to spitting them out.  I must say a huge characteristic of wet gummies is they are incredibly sticky....like won't shake off your finger sticky!  Then she flat out refused the gummy and with Amelia - you can't force the girl to eat anything.  Then one day she up'ed her game - instead of the argument she took the gummy, walked around with it and ultimately deposited it ever so gracefully in her trash. 

So - I took a couple day break from the gummies.   Why force the issue and waste these things?  Yesterday and today....I asked Amelia, would you like your multi-vitamin?  Yes according to the girl who nods yes for almost everything.   So I gave her one both days....and she ate them.  Small victories, little bit of a celebration.

1 comment:

Kim said...

I did the same thing with the twins! I even tried sneaking the vitamin in with their gummy snacks, but they left that one every time! I just recently tried with them again and now they love them. So there is hope :)