Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Changes

On January 2nd, my first day back to work from the Christmas break, I put my 2 week notice in.  This was and is a really big step for us as I will now be a stay at home mom for Amelia and her soon to be sister.  Yes, that's right - I am also pregnant for those who are not aware!  So much information in just 2 sentences :-)   We are very blessed Patrick's job has been going well and will provide enough for us to take this step of faith.  We are very excited, a little nervous, but we feel Amelia and her sister will benefit immensely from me being the one to raise them during the day.  Amelia's daycare was very good and they were very sad to see her go.  She moved into the toddler room in November and she has thrived in the atmosphere created by her caregivers.  I believe they truly loved her which was an answer to my constant prayers.  
As a result to these changes - the last few weeks have been quite the transition for all of us.  Amelia's last day was before my last day of work, so gramma came up to help out, which was a huge blessing.  I have to say though the week she was up here, was quite a stretch for us all.  Amelia was originally supposed to go to the big OC, but ended up puking all over the night before we went to drop her off.  Throughout the week, all of us got sick.  Gramma mid week.  Daddy during the Lion King play (Amelia's birthday gift to me) and Mommy the following day.  Needless to say it was a bit rough.   To top it all off, I found out the following Monday that I have gestational diabetes.  Wow- when it rains it pours!  We have all survived and are adjusting to our new life!
And as I note, I will be posting about our baby girl #2 and sharing more information about that exciting news - she deserves her own post which is why I'm not writing more about her now.

While gramma was here we also celebrated Christmas with her.  Unfortunately, grandpa wasn't able to come and we missed him not being there.  These were pretty much the only pictures we took the whole week since it was a bit hectic.
 Amelia prancing around with her tunnel on her back
 Celebrating Christmas.  Amelia was the little elf handing out gifts....not bad for her first time.
 Gramma helping Amelia open one of her gifts.  If you notice in the background there is a kitchen set.  That is mine from when I was little!  My parents kept it - it will definitely come in handy now and Amelia loves it!
Amelia checking out her new toy.
Amelia got one other gift, which will be in a later post.
 Amelia helping gramma open gramma's gift
"What did you get gramma?!"

Thank you again gramma for coming up and taking care of Amelia and the rest of us throughout that week!  We truly appreciate it.

No comments: