Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Pregnancy Sayings With Amelia

While I have been pregnant Amelia has had some interesting things to say.....

Getting pregnant was quite the surprise, so when I got tested at the doctor's office they called with the results.  Now at this point I was still in shock and we really hadn't talked about it much at all.  I hang up the phone....
Amelia (very stern):  Mommy, you prega-nant!

Amelia told both Nana, Papa and Amber and Gramma and Grandpa that mommy was prega-nant!

One morning at breakfast I sit down with my heavenly coffee.
Amelia: Mommy!
Mommy:  Yes, Amelia?
Amelia:  The baby in your belly not like that coffee!

Amelia:  Mommy?
Mommy:  Yes, Amelia?
A: How is that baby in your belly going to get out?
M: How do you think the baby is going to get out?
A: Through your mouth!
M: Really?!  I am going to have to open my mouth really wide don't you think? (Opening my mouth)
A:  (Opening her mouth) Yes!
M:  Do you think the baby will fit?
A: NOOOO!

Mommy:  Amelia, you are going to have a brother!
Amelia: What's that?!

(On more than one occasion)
Mommy or Daddy:  Amelia what should we name your baby brother?!
Amelia: JESUS!!!

Mommy:  Amelia, did you know your baby brother can hear you?!  I already knows what your voice sounds like!
Amelia:  Hi baby brother!  I love you!  (Hugs my belly - ever so gently)

At daycare to her friends, while Daddy was there.
Amelia:  The baby in my mommy's belly is going to pop out!

Every night Amelia prays for her baby brother or sister.   Even though we know its a boy - it still comes out brother/sister.  Its still just too sweet.

1 comment:

Olivia, Cate and Simon said...

Haha! Oh Amelia, this makes me laugh:)