Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Redeemed!!!

I have been redeemed!!!
My debacled shirt saga concludes with a happy ending ( I can now still consider myself a semi-crafty person).  After second failed attempt I have to say I was going to just cut my losses and deal with the half butchered shirt just the way it was.  However, my hubby was soo encouraging!  He believed in me more than I believed in myself - telling me to give it one more try, I could figure it out and if I put a black strip at the bottom - I would still have a full shirt.  So we went out and got some supplies and waaaala!  It worked perfectly!  And Amelia looks super cute it in.  In retrospect......I think there was a couple key factors to the success. 1)  I bought a universal/ball point needle for knits. (I think this made a huge difference) 2) I noticed quite a bit of slack in my bobbin, so I tightened that up. (This definitely made a difference, but wasn't the whole thing).  3) A husband's belief in you does amazing things to push you beyond what you think you can do to help you achieve a goal.
I would definitely hem a shirt again and plan to do the other hawkeye shirt when I get a chance.   
Here is the finished product:
 

No comments: